Last January 2018, I applied my Japan visa for the first time at Friendship Tours located at Dusit Thani Hotel, Makati using the following requirements:
– Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank pages.
2. Visa Application Form
– You can download the application form at the Friendship Tours website or at the accredited agency of your choice (Rellis Tours, Discovery Tours, etc).
– Print the document at A4 size only (make sure to follow this as the embassy is strict on this specific requirement).
– Fill out the application correctly, just put N/A for items that are not applicable for you.
– Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5 cm, with white background
– Must be taken within six (6) months, with applicant’s name and birth date on its back side and must bebpasted on the application form.
4. Birth Certificate
– Must be issued within one year from PSA. Got my PSA copy last February 9, 2017, and I applied the visa last January 31, 2018 and was still able to use it few days before it reach one year.
– If the birth certificate is “late registered” though, applicant should submit additional documents such as baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from elementary or high school and a yearbook if possible.
5. Marriage Certificate (if applicant is married)
– Just like the birth certificate, this has to be issued within one year from PSA office.
6. Daily Schedule in Japan
– This is if applicant will be the one to shoulder his/her expenses.
– I downloaded format for this at Friendships Tours website and fill it out.
If Applicant will shoulder part or all of his or her travel expenses
7. Bank Certificate
– Should submit a valid bank certificate, 3 months from the date of issue is what the embassy considered valid.
8. Applicant’s Income Tax Return (ITR Form 3216) clear photocopy latest
– I submitted my 2016 ITR since my 2017 ITR is not yet released by BIR during the time that I applied for my visa.
If guarantor who lives in the Philippines will shoulder part or all of the applicant’s travel expenses
9. Guarantee Letter
– I did not provide this as I am the one who shouldered my expenses on the trip, this should only be provided only if you have a guarantor.
10. Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor.
11. Bank Certificate (Original copy) and Income Tax Return (ITR Form 2316) (clear photocopy) of Guarantor
If Applicant is not a Philippine National
12. Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth cert or marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certification of Registration or (ACR) issued by Philippine government.
13. Visa Application Fees
– I applied for a single entry visa which cost me Php 1,200.00. However, if you want to apply for a multiple entry visa in Friendships Tours, it will cost you Php 2000.00. Other agencies like Rellis Tours and Discovery Tours are cheaper having Php 950.00 and Php 850.00 fees respectively. Got my approved single entry visa after two days.
I hope this helps!
Have a safe travel to you all!