I applied my visa Friendship Tours located at Dusit Thani Hotel, Makati using the following requirements:
– Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank pages.
2. Visa Application Form
– You can download the application form at the Friendship Tours website or at the accredited agency of your choice (Reli Tours, Dsicovery Tours, etc).
– Print the document at A4 size only (make sure to follow this as the embassy is strict on this specific requirement).
– Fill out the application correctly, just put N/A for items that are not applicable for you.
– Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5 cm, with white background
– Must be taken within six (6) months, with applicant’s name and birth date on its back side and must bebpasted on the application form.
4. Birth Certificate
– Must be issued within one year from PSA. Got my PSA copy last February 9, 2017, and I applied the visa last January 31, 2018 and was still able to use it few days before it reach one year.
– If the birth certificate is “late registered” though, applicant should submit additional documents such as baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from elementary or high school and a yearbook if possible.
5. Marriage Certificate (if applicant is married)
– Just like the birth certificate, this has to be issued within one year from PSA office.
6. Daily Schedule in Japan
– This is if applicant will be the one to shoulder his/her expenses.
– I downloaded format for this at Friendships Tours website and fill it out.
If Applicant will shoulder part or all of his or her travel expenses
7. Bank Certificate
– Should submit a valid bank certificate, 3 months from the date of issue is what the embassy considered valid.
8. Applicant’s Income Tax Return (ITR Form 3216) clear photocopy latest
– I submitted my 2016 ITR since my 2017 ITR is not yet released by BIR during the time that I applied for my visa.
If guarantor who lives in the Philippines will shoulder part or all of the applicant’s travel expenses
9. Guarantee Letter
– I did not provide this as I am the one who shouldered my expenses on the trip, this should only be provided only if you have a guarantor.
10. Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor.
11. Bank Certificate (Original copy) and Income Tax Return (ITR Form 2316) (clear photocopy) of Guarantor
If Applicant is not a Philippine National
12. Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth cert or marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certification of Registration or (ACR) issued by Philippine government.
13. Visa Application Fees
– I applied for a single entry visa which cost me Php 1,200.00. However, if you want to apply for a multiple entry visa in Friendships Tours, it will cost you Pho 2000.00. Other agencies like Rellis Tours and Discovery Tours are cheaper, but I chose mine based in reviews. Got my approved visa after two days.
I hope this helps!
Have a safe travel to you all!